***Updated Recipe: I am constantly striving to improve a recipe. This time I managed to reduce the sugar and the fat content in this recipe. Also, by blending the wet mixture, it resulted in a fluffier muffin.
Cleaned Up Banana Muffin
The biggest joke amongst my friends is that if I eat clean and gluten free, I must be in the woods picking out twigs and leaves to eat. Good thing you all can’t hear what I say to them when they make those types of comments! To prove them wrong, I made these little darlings and can we say “GONE!”.
For the mommies (or the daddies), who are reading this, these hold up well in the lunch boxes and are a nice snack to pack for ________ practice!
Cleaned Up Banana Muffin Recipe
- 1/3 cup organic raw honey
- 5 TBS softened organic unsalted butter or nondairy vegan butter
- 2 organic large eggs
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp organic unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup gluten free flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a blender (or food processor) blend the butter, honey, eggs, bananas, salt, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
3. Blend it till you get a nice fluffy mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, make the dry mix by combining the baking soda and the gluten free flour. Mix the flour and baking soda using a fork or a whisk, this way the baking soda is evenly distributed.
5. Add the wet mixture into the dry mix and combine till the batter is thoroughly mixed.
7. Line 12 wells of your muffin tin(s) with parchment paper liner cups.
8. Spoon in batter (about 2/3 full)
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 Servings
Dairy Free Option