When it comes to dinner, do you feel like you have to constantly make something new? That there are those in the house the REFUSES to eat leftovers…ahem..hubby…. Sometimes all it takes is a little tweak to the old to turn it into something NEW. This past week was St. Paddy’s Day, this means cabbage was 17cents a pound. Which means my fridge still has a ton of cabbage. We also had some leftover “crockpot chili”…What does this mean? MEXICAN STUFFED CABBAGE!!
- 5 cups of leftover Crockpot Chil
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice (I used a mix of both
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (I use non-dairy Daiya Cheddar Cheese)
- 4 cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup of salsa
Makes 4: Serving Size (2 cabbage rolls)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Rinse the 4 cabbage leaves.Place in a microwavable bowl with a moist paper towel over it.
- I set my microwave to high for 2-3min…You basically want to just cook it a bit so you can work with it.
- Once the cabbage is soft enough to work with, set a plate over the bowl to steam it a little longer.
- When the cabbage is cool enough to work with…place the cabbage on top of the plate.
- Divide the chili into 4 portions and place a portion in each cabbage leaf
- Next, divide the quinoa into 4 portions and place it on top of the chili.
- Divide the cheese into 5 portions and place 1 portion into each cabbage leaf.
- Roll up the cabbage and place it into a baking pan.
- When rolling, roll from the stem to the tip of the leaf.
- Top the cabbage rolls with the salsa and the remaining portion of cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400F for 30min or till cheese is melted.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie