Orange Creamcicle Overnight Quinoa
There is nothing that makes me think of sunshine more that oranges. This morning I woke up to 2ft of snow and all I wanted was warm sunshine. The nice thing about winter in the Northeast is that oranges are in season. I bought a whole case of these beautiful Cara Cara Navel Oranges and wanted to make something that made me think of summer. What do you think came to mind? Orange Creamcicles!
Orange Creamcicle Overnight Quinoa Recipe
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup unsweetened flax milk (Your choice of vegan milk.)
- ¾ cup of plain yogurt (Your choice of dairy or vegan yogurt.)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. raw organic honey (Vegans can use organic agave.)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of segmented orange
- Combine quinoa, flax milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract together in your container.
- Then layer 1 tsp. of honey (or agave).
- Then layer the yogurt.
- Add the last layer of 1 tsp. of honey (or agave).
- Top with orange before eating.
NOTE:I limit myself to only 2tsp of honey but you can add another tsp. or stevia according to your personal taste.
This recipe makes 1 serving.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Dairy Free Option