Gingerbread Overnight Quinoa
It’s almost Christmas and during the holidays there are 2 things that I think about. What type of food I am going to have ready for Christmas mornings, and gingerbread cookies. Its funny, I’m not big on crunchy cookies, but I do love the scent and the flavor of gingerbread. So, I thought why not make it into an overnight quinoa. This year for Christmas morning, I’m going to prepare ham, quinoa pancakes (topped with fruit and bacon), orange spiced muffins and a vegan gingerbread overnight quinoa!!!! How does that sound? This overnight quinoa has a similar flavor profile to the gingerbread cookie. The nice thing about this is that it can be made ahead of time and will keep in the back of the fridge for 4 days. Who doesn’t love to be able to make things ahead of time and just enjoy the morning with their family? Enjoy my friends…
Gingerbread Overnight Quinoa Recipe
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of unsweetened vegan milk (I used flax milk.)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- a pinch of cloves
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup of vegan yogurt (I used a flax milk based yogurt.)
- 2 extra tsp of maple syrup to top overnight quinoa
- In a pot warm up the milk over medium heat.
- Once the milk simmers add the quinoa, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it simmers and then turn off the flame.
- Remove the pot from the stove top and stir in the chia seeds.
- Separate the quinoa mixture into two containers and allow it to cool.
- Once the quinoa is cooled down top each container with 3/4 cup of yogurt and 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- Make sure that you store them in the back of the fridge as it is colder.
Clean Eating GlutenFree Foodie
Top 8 Food Allergen Free
21 DF 1Y 1R 1/4O 1/2T