Roasted Peaches and Cream
Top 2 things I hear when I am in the healthy eating groups:
- I don’t like the texture of cottage cheese…yuck!
- How can you eat plain Greek yogurt?
I could just tell people…if you don’t like it, don’t eat it. However, that would not be helpful in teaching people to be more acceptable and creative about eating healthier foods, right? Tonight, I had hankering for a decadent dessert. Yeah, it was one of those days. Of course, I open up my fridge and all I had was 2 small ripe peaches and low fat cottage cheese. Most people would say, “Just chop up those peaches and top it on the cottage cheese.” I’m sorry but that is NOT a decadent dessert. With a little vision, I decided to make this Roasted Peaches and Cream. Spoiler alert, it was real good…
- 2 Small Ripe Peaches (I used white peaches)
- 3 Tsp. of Raw Organic Honey (Agave for Vegan Option)
- ¾ Cup of Low Fat Cottage Cheese (Use Low Sodium)
- ¼ Tsp. of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the peaches.
- Split (cut) the peaches into halves and remove the pits.
- Place the peaches on the baking sheet (cut side up).
- Roast the peaches for approx. 15min or till the top is slightly golden brown.
- Once done, set the peaches aside on a plate.
- Combine cottage cheese, 2 tsp. of honey and vanilla extract together in a blender.
- Blend the mixture for 2-3min (you will want it very smooth).
- Top the peaches on the plate with the “cream” from the blender.
- Drizzle with your remaining tsp. of honey.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the “cream”.
21Day Fix Container Count:1R 1P
Vegan and Non-Dairy Option