Gluten Free Bacon Cheddar Rolls
I am constantly searching for a clean gluten free bread. Not just any gluten free bread but something that actually can hold up to a sandwich and not crumble. Plus the bread can’t contain dairy, soy, tree nuts or peanuts and have to be from an allergen free facility. (Well, that really makes my search a bit harder.) Recently, Namaste’s sent me a sample of their Gluten Free Bread and Roll Mix. I was excited since I had never used it so I was wondering what it would be like? Would it be easy to use? Would it taste more like a bread or a biscuit.
I asked my 12yr old to make the dough. She had to follow the instructions on the box and she did it with ease! It was easier to make than a traditional gluten bread. The result was a softer dough but don’t worry because it bakes up very nicely. The bread was like a focaccia, a nice crust with a dense “bready” center…amazing. (Take a look at my sandwich picture…look it doesn’t have a million air holes in it!!) The best thing was that it held up to our sandwich and burger. (We made hamburger rolls with the dough too!).
Now that we know the texture…we thought we could have some fun with it! In comes our Gluten Free Bacon Cheddar Rolls!
- 1/2 cup of cheddar (or Daiya Cheddar for dairy free option)
- 8 strips of gluten free turkey bacon (cook according to package)
- Namaste gluten free bread mix
- Follow the directions on the Namaste gluten free bread mix for rolls.
- Reheat the oven to 400F.
- Chop the bacon.
- Lightly fold the cheese and chopped bacon into the dough.
- Do not over mix!
- When the dough is made, spoon out 16 portions on to parchment paper lined pan. I used a 1/4 cup to measure it out.
- Place in the oven on the lowest rack.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- (The tops should develop a nice golden brown color.)
- Place on a rack to cool once the rolls are done.
Makes 16 rolls
*Namaste gluten free bread and roll mix can be found with this locator.
Jenny’s Note: Namaste was kind enough to send us a sample product to test, we agreed since they have a good reputation of dedicated facilities. I did not get paid to review this product. This blog is a reflection of what we actually did with the product and our own personal opinions.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21 Day Fix Container Count
1Y 1/8R 1/8B