Usually we roast Brussels sprouts and then crumble some bacon on top. Recently at the markets, I noticed that they are selling shredded Brussels sprouts. Its neat that they are doing that but its not really for roasting…so what do you do with it?
Well other than putting it in your salad…you can stir-fry it!
- 4 cups of shredded Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- ¼ cup of veggie/chicken broth
- 1tsp of pink sea salt
- 1tsp of minced garlic
- 1tsp of onion flakes
- 1tsp of olive oil
- Cook the bacon according to the directions on the package.
- Once the bacon is done and cooled, slice it into little slivers.
- Put half of the bacon slivers on the side to save for garnish.
- The rest of the bacon slivers will be used for the sauté.
- Turn the heat on high on the stove and place pan over it.
- Please use your best judgment when working with the stove.
- Add the oil to the hot pan and put the shredded Brussels sprouts in.
- Keep moving the Brussels sprouts to keep it from burning.
- Add the broth, salt, garlic powder and the onion flakes to cook together with the Brussels sprouts and cook till tender.
- Toss in the half of the bacon at the end; make sure you give it a good mix.
- Serve and garnish with the remaining bacon slivers.
You can eat it straight or with a side of steamed brown rice. Enjoy
Recipe serves 2.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21Day Fix Container Count:Each count as a 2G 1/2R