This recipe is for my dear friend who is a gluten-free and gave up chocolate for Lent. She really wanted something that gave her the feel of a fudge brownie but without the chocolate. After a few trials, I came up with this cappuccino flavored blondie. I used an avocado, to get that rich fudge feel…
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
• ¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1 packet of Starbucks Via Instant (I like it because it is a “micro” ground)
• ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
• ¼ tsp of cinnamon
• ¼ cup gluten-free flour
**(If you are not concerned with gluten you can make oatmeal flour by blending uncooked old fashion oats into flour.)
• Preheat oven to 350° F.
• Lightly coat a 8X8 with the cooking spray. Set aside.
• Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, Via Instant and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
• Combine salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
• Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
• Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
• Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into 16 squares.
I prefer it chilled but you can eat it at room temperature.
21Day Fix Container Count
1/2Y 2Tsp PER 1 SERVING