Vegan Banana Loaf
When I first created this recipe, the goal was to create a banana bread recipe that was gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free and refined sugar free. As I was coming to the completion of the recipe, there became many families who asked me to come up with a recipe for a gluten free vegan banana bread. Since my first recipe had eggs, I had to go back to the kitchen and continue experimenting with various techniques and ingredients.
After 2 months of buying bananas and letting them ripen on my counter (because you HAVE to make banana bread with REALLY FRECKLY RIPE bananas). I finally came up with a recipe that is vegan, gluten free and top 8 food allergen free for my readers. What is nice about making this bread is that there is no need for any high tech equipment or mixers to make this.
Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes!!!
Vegan Banana Loaf Recipe
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 5 tablespoon of vegan butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup of apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- optional: spray oil (I use an organic avocado oil spray.)
- In a bowl, place the peeled ripe bananas in a bowl and mash with fork.
- Combine the softened vegan butter into the mashed bananas.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, and psyllium husk) in another bowl. If your psyllium husk is not fine enough to sift, you can mix it into the dry mix after the sifting of the other ingredients.
- Create 3 wells in the dry mixture and then fill the first with the banana mix, the second with apple sauce and the last with the vinegar.
- Quickly combine with a fork the ingredients to create a batter.
- Lightly spray a bread pan with the spray oil and then pour the batter into the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes BEFORE you put the pan in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes (or until you can insert and pull out a clean toothpick).
- Remember to remove the loaf from the pan and let the bread cool on a rack.
- Serve by itself or with some vegan butter…yum!
This recipe makes 12 servings.
Vegan Banana Loaf
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Peanut Free/Tree Nut Free
Top 8 Food Allergen Free