Creamy Avocado Sauce
My break is over and I am finally at home with a few moments to myself. As I’m sitting here, I am thinking about new recipes for everyone. With the pending summer, salads is going to be on everyone’s mind. It’s usually not everyone’s favorite dish having a salad every single day, five days a week. The same meal everyday can get pretty boring. I decided to think of a twist in how we can eat our traditional raw greens.
In Asia, cold noodles is a popular dish to serve during the summer season. I started thinking, what if we used zoodles instead of cold noodles? Zoodles are spiralized zucchini that can be served cooked or raw. For this particular dish, we will be serving it raw. The thing about raw zucchini is that it is a light vegetable. I wanted to balance the lightness with a creamy sauce. I don’t use dairy and I really wanted to keep the whole green theme to this dish, so I decided to use an avocado base to make the creamy sauce for our zucchini noodle salad. This recipe is easy to make and packs pretty well in the lunchbox.
Notes: I recommend that you proportion any extra sauce and freeze it (don’t forget, avocados will brown). I freeze mine into ice tray cubes and pack into my zucchini noodles. The frozen sauce also acts like a ice pack for my veggies before I’m ready to eat.
Creamy Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 1 whole medium organic avocado
- 1/2 cup of broth of your choice (This is a vegan recipe and I used a gluten free organic vegetable broth, non-vegans can use gluten free bone broth.)
- 1 large clove of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink sea salt (Keep a little extra salt on the side to adjust for flavor at the end, this will depend on the amount of salt in your broth.)
- Rough chop the garlic so it will blend evenly and then add the garlic to the blender.
- Peel the avocado and remove the flesh into the blender. *Please remember to remove the pit and discard (or save for your garden).
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (broth, lemon juice and salt) into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Serve on top of a fresh plate of zucchini noodles and enjoy!
This recipe makes 4 servings of sauce.
Creamy Avocado Sauce
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie