Popcorn in our family is pretty big. Its one of those snacks that all 6 members of the family will eat. Lately the older members of the family wanted to try some of the specialty flavor popcorns that we see at the store. The only problem was that it contain allergens that we couldn’t eat, like soy or dairy. Don’t get me wrong, there are some brands in the market that are free of “OUR” allergens but honestly to spend $4-$5 dollars on a bag of popcorn seems kind of steep for me. I figured we already have the plain popcorn, why not play around and try to make our own “flavored” popcorn. The one that we all agreed on was this Cajun flavored popcorn. Enjoy my friends!
Cajun Popcorn Recipe
- 3 cups of organic airpopped popcorn
- 1 tsp of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp of Jenny’s Cajun Seasoning
- Combine the spices that you need to make Jenny’s Cajun Seasoning . Note: Make sure you mix the spices before you pop your popcorn, you want your popcorn to be nice and warm when you coat it with the spices.
- I like to run my spice mix through a mill or the magic bullet to get a finer grade. I find that a finer grade coats the popcorn better.
- Pop your popcorn according to the direction on your air popper.
- Then place the warm popcorn into a paper bag.
- If your coconut oil is solid, warm it up to a liquid state. Once the oil is liquid, drizzle half a tsp into the bag and give it a good shake…then drizzle in the rest of the oil and shake.
- Once your popcorn is evenly coated with the oil, sprinkle half a tsp of the spice mix at a time and then shake. Repeat this till your have used up 1 1/2 tsp of your spices and give it a taste. If you like it spicer, you can add the remaining 1/2 of tsp to the popcorn. Remember to always shake gently after you add the spice.
- Eat and enjoy.
Top 8 Free