Non-Dairy Cauliflower Toast
Not sure if other people struggle with autocorrect as much as I do. It took me forever to type the title! The reason being that I kept on getting “Collie Flower” instead of “Cauliflower”. I have to tell you…I almost gave up posting today because of that…LOL 😂
I know lately there has been other cauliflower bread recipes. They are all great but they all have cheese or a cheese substitute. I wanted to make one that had none. This bread holds up and makes a great savory sandwich. How about a BLT?! 😁
Non-Dairy Cauliflower Toast Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups of *prepped rice cauliflower *(squeeze water out with cheese cloth before using)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper or cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons of nutritional yeast
- one egg
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl OR you can place it all into a food processor. (It works using both methods but I found you do get more of a dough quality when using a food processor. If you use the food processor, 2min should be enough for you to see the mixture look more dough-like. See photo above.) I highly recommend that you let the either the hand mix or food processor mixture sit for 5-10min after mixing. This lets the cauliflower, nutritional yeast and egg set together more, which makes it easier for you to form the toast shape.
- Once the mixture has been thoroughly combined divide into six equal portions
- Make a patty with each portion (rounds or squares, your choice) and place them on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till the patties are golden and crisp around the edges. (You know they are ready when you wiggle the pan and they slide around.)
- This recipe makes 6 toasts equal to 3 servings. (serving size 2 toasts)
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Tree Nut Free